Understanding Axle Ratios Medium Duty Work Truck Info
There isn't a specific digit for the gear ratio. The last nine digits are vehicle specific, the dealer can input those digits in their computer system to get the build list of the truck.... The Dodge Ram Daytona had a 3.92 ratio rear end, the same rear end as the Dodge Ram Rumble Bee. Several exterior items were unique to the Daytona package (such as the gas door and dual side exit exhaust tips) which made it different from other equipment packages. It was equipped with 20 …
RAM 1500 EATS UTES ramtrucks.com.au
I have a 99 V6 5-speed with a Chrystler 8.2 axle, with an axle ratio of 3.21 I'm planning to convert to a limited slip and wanted to know what gear ratio I have, and whether I should go with a higher gear ratio..for off-line performance?... That change is linear: Equipping a truck or SUV with a 3.73 gear ratio, for instance, would affect combined fuel economy by less than a quarter-mile-per-gallon. “Today with the new 6-speed transmission we offer from a 3.08 to a 3.73 final drive ratio.
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 engine transmission and axles
That change is linear: Equipping a truck or SUV with a 3.73 gear ratio, for instance, would affect combined fuel economy by less than a quarter-mile-per-gallon. “Today with the new 6-speed transmission we offer from a 3.08 to a 3.73 final drive ratio. luxway lighting how to change the bulbs The max towing capacity of a Ram 1500 with a 3.6L Pentastar engine goes from 4,850 pounds with a 3.21 axle ratio to 7,100 pounds with a 3.55 axle ratio — which is almost a 50 percent increase. The percentage increase is not quite as significant with the 5.7L HEMI engine. With the 5.7L HEMI the 3.55 axle ratio provides a 25 percent increase in towing capacity in comparison to the 3.21 axle ratio.
I want to change 3.21 to 3.55 axle ratio in a 2010 dodge
Gear ratio 3.21. Ring size/type 9.25". Not for mega-cab. Unit filled with fluid. Has backing plates and axle shafts. Call Surefire at 1-800-790-9094 for customer service, availability and technical assistance how to change assurion claim because they selected wrong phone There isn't a specific digit for the gear ratio. The last nine digits are vehicle specific, the dealer can input those digits in their computer system to get the build list of the truck.
How long can it take?
Differential ratios 3.73 4.10 4.88... Smartplanters
- Differential Carrier Breaks West Coast Differentials
- Topic Dodge ram 1500 with 3.55 rear end RV.net
- Does Ram need lower axle ratios? Allpar News
- 2015 Ram 1500 Specifications RAM Pickup Trucks and
How To Change Ram Truck Gear Ratio 3.92 To 3.21
3/06/2017 · Keep in mind that comparing a 6 speed 3.21 with an 8 speed with 3.21 is comparing a truck with a 9.63:1 final drive ratio in first gear to a truck with a 15.1:1 final drive ratio in first gear respectively. In fact, a 6 speed with 3.92s only has a final drive ratio of 11.76:1 in first gear.
- 14/02/2016 · If you can choose the gear ratio with the LSD it depends on if you are one of those who buys a truck and then worries about milage (3.21) or buys a truck and uses it as a truck (3.92). The HEMI is more than capable of making this truck perform no matter the rear end.
- 4/05/2018 · From my research - the 3.92 in 8th gear is the same final drive ratio as the 3.21s in 7th gear. 90% of the time it's just me in the truck....we'll see soon if I made the right choice! I'm planning on taking a slight MPG hit going to Ram from my 2.7l ecoboost....didn't want the hit of 3…
- 2002-2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Rear Axle Assembly 3.92 Gear Ratio 135K OEM LKQ See more like this 11-16 Dodge RAM 1500 Chrysler 9.25" ZF 3.92 Ring and Pinion Posi Elite Gear Pkg Brand New
- 10/10/2018 · How realistic / costly is it to switch a truck that comes with the 3.92 gear ratio back to a 3.21? I’ve found several trucks that I like that have the 3.92 instead of 3.21, but I do not need the 3.92 as I do not do a lot of towing.